Have you ever heard, “Don’t be so sensitive” or “Stop taking it personally”? I have learned that my sensitivity can be my source of inner strength, my solution to adversity, and my superpower.
When we deny our emotions exist, life moves on and the state of not feeling becomes true. The energy of emotion still has to go somewhere. Feelings of anger, numbness, anxiety or even depression can result. I am reminded of what Tara Brach says: “Our issues are in our tissues.”
I was once in a relationship where I ignored my feelings. I stuffed how I was feeling down with every swallow I took and fed myself excuse after excuse as to why I was not worthy to feel and had to keep moving forward. I nearly lost my sense of “spirit” and self-connectedness.
In our society, sensitivity is often seen as weakness. I encourage you to reframe your mindset into sensitivity being your superpower. You have the power to feel and allow who and what you want in your circle of life. Allow your sensitive side to guide you to what serves and supports what you align with in your world.
- Do you ever force or feel obligated to be accepted by a certain group of friends or social scene?
- Do you align with your soulmate or partner, or is it more convenient to not feel your truth and avoid change?
- Does your professional job make your heart sing or are you simply in it to survive financially?
- Does your home environment feel peaceful and give you space to experience relaxation?
Lean into your sensitivity, see it as a gift and your body speaking to you. If something or someone does not feel right, listen to your sensitive side, feel and make a change. Use your sensitivity superpower as a tool to keep you on the path of living your best life and the driver of your dreams. Embrace sensitivity and taking life personally!
Health & happiness,
Life & Health Coach
Inspire | Empower | Transform
Schedule a Free Life & Health Clarity Session
- https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/why-your-sensitivity-is-really-a-strength by Crystal Hoshaw on January 20, 2021
- https://www.verywellmind.com/highly-sensitive-persons-traits-that-create-more-stress-4126393 by Elizabeth Scott, PhD
- https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sense-and-sensitivity/201411/sensitive-and-strong-can-we-really-be-both by Deborah Ward