I dare you to put yourself #1 on your list of life. When you do, your best life is just around the corner. If you already are #1 in your life, good for you and keep up the amazing focus and dedication. If you are not, what is holding you back?
Our society is brainwashed to believe that putting yourself first is selfish or shameful, uncaring for loved ones, and not normal. I’m here to open your eyes and mind to just the opposite way of thinking. After all, how you think is what you believe. Let’s reframe the idea of you being #1 in your world.
Here are five simple ways to encourage putting YOU #1 and avoiding guilt and shame:
- What does self-care look like to you and do you feel it is important? What forms of self-care make you feel good after? Learning more about different forms of self-care can remind you of its importance. This can open your mind to new ideas to further care for YOU. With the awareness of the importance of self-care, making the time to plan for it can feel more comfortable and meaningful.
- Give yourself permission to self-care. Creating a statement or mantra that resonates with you can encourage this go-ahead. Such as: “I am worthy” or “I deserve” or “It’s ok to take care of me”.
- Keep your cup full. When you keep your cup refilled by self-caring, you are able to be available for those you love and need you the most. When we operate on or near empty emotionally and/or physically, we are sacrificing our well-being. Would you want that for your loved ones? The same logic goes for you.
- Set boundaries. Learn to say “no” to demands you do not have the time or energy for and “yes” to those you need more of. A healthy relationship respects a boundary. Make time to reflect on your personal, professional, intimate, family, health (such as exercise or diet), and spiritual relationships. What relationships need an update on boundaries?
- Create a mental list of QUICK self-care activities. Self-care does not need to dominate your schedule. In other words, there are no excuses for not self-caring. Here are a few links to check out for QUICK self-care:
Self-care is the opposite of selfish, shameful, uncaring, and abnormal. Self-care is a meaningful gift and the highest form of love for YOU and those you love the most. Allow yourself to be the best living example of self-care. DARE TO BE #1….. your best life is waiting on YOU!
Health & happiness,
Life & Health Coach
Inspire | Empower | Transform
Schedule a Free Life & Health Clarity Session