Spring is in the air and I see it as a breath of fresh opportunity. Regardless of where I live, birds are chirping, days are getting longer, evenings are brighter, leaves are budding, and flowers are blossoming among other uplifting events happening around me this time of year. I love to make an excuse to clean and release to fulfill my “spring cleaning.” Sometimes I simply need a reason to let go.
What do you do in spring? Are you in need of a restart, reset, or the beginning of a new chapter? People with balanced “connectedness” report being happier and feeling their lives are worthwhile. Researchers use the term “connectedness” to describe feeling a strong relationship or an emotional attachment.
Where is your “connectedness” disconnected?
Here are a few examples of ways to launch a new beginning in an area of your life “connectedness”:
- Take a walk for 30 minutes three times a week – Connecting with nature can cultivate positive emotions and lower levels of poor mental health such as depression and anxiety.
- Update your resume – Connecting with your professional presence can open doors to new opportunities and create space to envision your purpose.
- Cook homemade meals three times a week – Connecting with your health with fresh food as wholesome medicine and support for your immune system.
- Call a friend or family member once a week – Connecting with humans is grounding and creates greater life satisfaction, more life resilience, and better mental health.
- Slow down and meditate for 10 minutes or practice yoga for an hour three times a week – Connecting with your inner quiet and spirit can generate calmness, peace and creativity.
My new beginning this spring is to reclaim teaching yoga. My inner being sings as I offer my energy and inspiration to others on their mat while deepening my “connectedness” to my purpose in life. I encourage you to make and take some time to reflect on your life in the present moment. How could spring be an opportunity to reawaken and revive an area in your life that is feeling less than strong “connectedness”?
Happy Spring & Happy New Beginnings!
Health & happiness,
Life & Health Coach
Inspire | Empower | Transform
Schedule a Free Life & Health Clarity Session